“The only thing I’ll add is that I have filed a police complaint in 2019 against Raj Kundra and subsequently registered a case at the honourable high court of Bombay against him for fraud & theft. This matter is sub judice, hence I would prefer to limit my statements. Also, I have full faith in our police & the judicial process” she further added in reference to a criminal case filed by Poonam against Raj Kundra and his associates.
Earlier Poonam had now moved Bombay High Court to file a criminal case against Kundra and his associates, who collaborated with her for the app.
While Kundra told BT that he had exited the company (which managed the app) in December 2019, Poonam claimed “I collaborated with the company for an app named after me in March 2019. We had agreed upon a certain percentage of the revenue generated by the app to be given to me. However, I realised certain discrepancies in revenue sharing and hence, decided to terminate the contract. I also informed them about the same via an email. All hell has broken loose since. They continue to post my pictures and videos on the app. To my horror, they also leaked my personal mobile number along with messages like ‘Call me now as I am free to talk’ and ‘Call me now. Let us talk and I will strip for you’ on the app. After that, I started receiving calls from all over, not in dozens but thousands, at odd hours, asking me for explicit services. People started sending me pornographic images and videos. I even left the country for three months hoping that the situation will become normal on its own. However, as soon as I landed back, I started receiving calls and obscene messages all over again. Sometimes, I would get calls where I could only hear heavy breathing from the other side. These callers claim to know my address, too. I changed my number, but after I messaged
Saurabh Kushwah (one of the associates of the app company, who is one of the accused) from my new number, asking him to refrain from uploading my pictures and videos on the app, I started receiving calls and messages on that number, too.”
In defence, Raj Kundra previously told BT, “I had invested in a company called
Armsprime Media last year, which makes apps for celebrities. I am not aware of the petition as I exited the venture in December 2019 with a sale to the current shareholders.”
According to the latest developments, Raj Kundra has appeared before the Property Cell of Mumbai Police’s Crime Branch on Tuesday and was also taken for medical examination at JJ hospital by the Property Cell of Mumbai Police’s Crime Branch in the early hours of Tuesday. He was later taken to Mumbai Police Commissioner’s office and is scheduled to be produced before the court.
On Monday, Raj Kundra was arrested in an alleged pornography case which was being probed since February. Raj Kundra’s name appeared in the probe after the property cell came across the involvement of a UK production company,
Kenrin, whose executive,
Umesh Kamat was arrested by the police. He was the former employee of Raj Kundra and was accused of uploading at least eight “pornographic and obscene” videos shot by Gehna Vasisth on a social media
app for monetary consideration.
Image Source : PTI Nadda rules out leadership crisis in Karnataka, says Yediyurappa has do…