Maharashtra: Resort owner, parents of bride, groom held for violating COVID-19 norms in Palghar
Home India Maharashtra: Resort owner, parents of bride, groom held for violating COVID-19 norms in Palghar
India - 2 weeks ago

Maharashtra: Resort owner, parents of bride, groom held for violating COVID-19 norms in Palghar


In view of the rising COVID-19 cases being reported in Maharashtra, the state administration is taking strict action against those found violating safety norms.
Amid a spike in coronavirus confirmed cases, a resort owner along with the parents of a newly-wed couple were held for violating COVID-19 safety norms in Palghar.
The District Collector of Palghar in Maharashtra along with the superintendent of police (SP) raided a wedding at Jaldevi resort, where it was found COVID-19 safety norms were not being followed at the wedding. Upon finding this, action was initiated against the groom and bride’s fathers and resort owners. They were taken to the police station and a case was registered against them.
Earlier, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) had also filed a police complaint against a gymkhana and a recreation centre for not adhering to COVID-19 guidelines. As per the complaint, a wedding ceremony was held at the recreation centre on Sunday (February 21, 2021) in which around 350 people participated without following social distancing norms.
Since last week, the BMC has intensified action against those found without masks in public places and started a crackdown on establishments like marriage halls, hotels and restaurants which are found violating the COVID-19 norms.
The country’s financial capital reported 5,335 active COVID-19 cases on February 8, and the number went up to 7,276 on Sunday, according to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation’s (BMC) data.
Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Sunday said in view of the rising COVID-19 cases, religious, social and political gatherings will be prohibited in the state from Monday.
Asking people to follow “COVID-appropriate” behaviour and safety norms, he said he would observe for a week to 15 days and then decide whether to impose another lockdown.
Uddhav Thackeray in a televised address said, “The second wave has been knocking on our door. Whether it has come or not will be confirmed in the next eight to fifteen days.”


Source link

Leave a Comment

Check Also

Mi 10S to Launch on March 10, Snapdragon 870 SoC Confirmed

Mi 10S launch date has been revealed, and its being unveiled in China on March 10. Xiaomi …